Xiaomi has made shockwaves in the world of cellular technology after they announced the Xiaomi Mi Mix, which is an unbelievably powerful and technology-laden phone which threatens to put a dent in the market hegemony of iPhone and Samsung.
Xiaomi’s Mi MIX has been a concept phone and now finally sent for production. Let’s shed light on this marvel of technology:
The Mi MIX comes in an all ceramic body, with a MoHs hardness of 8 which is one of the best in smartphones. The 6.4â³ screen panel is made to look even bigger courtesy the 91.3% screen to body ratio, which is probably the best seen in smartphones. This ratio has been achieved by relocating earpiece, the proximity sensor and the camera from the top of the screen.
And even it has a huge screen size of 6.4 inches, the Mix overall is about the same size as the Galaxy Note7 or the iPhone 7 Plus.
The innovation involves moving the earpiece inside the phone and using a Cantilever Piezoelectric Ceramic drive unit instead. So instead of using a speaker, the phone uses a bone conduction solution meaning no one else can hear the caller while the sound quality is clearer than ever before.
The proximity sensor has also been replaced by an ultrasonic proximity sensor which works through the solid body of the phone and is more accurate than an infrared one.
The front camera has been shifted from top to the bottom of the screen while being about 50% smaller allowing to allow for more screen space.
The phone’s screen has been made to look even bigger by replacing the capacitive buttons with on screen buttons. The screen has a 17:9 ratio (16:9 with on-screen buttons) and gives the ultimate viewing experience.
Along with the ceramic body, the physical power button and volume keys are also made of ceramic.
Xiaomi Mi MIX entails a powerful quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor, and with a RAM of 4GB and an internal storage capacity of 128GB, it is not short of the latest iPhone and Samsung phones.
The Android phone uses 6.0 Marshmallow based MIUI 8. The Mi MIX also offers a high-quality audio output of 24 bit/192 kHz using a Digital to Analog Converter (DAC).
The Mi MIX comes with a powerful 16 MP back camera equipped with phase detection autofocus. The details about the front camera haven’t been revealed, but we do know that the sensor has been made 50% smaller.
Battery and Pricing
Xiaomi Mi MIX entails a massive 4,400 mAh battery with Qualcomm’s Quick Charge 3.0.
The regular Mi MIX with 4GB RAM and 128GB storage is priced at cost RMB 3,499, and the Mi MIX 18K will cost RMB 3,999, making it a pretty sweet deal.
Below are the detailed specifications of Xiaomi Mi MIX.
- CPU: 4x Kryo @ 2.35 GHz 4x Kryo @ 1.6 GHz
- GPU: Adreno 530
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 821
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow based MIUI 8
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G Dual Sim
- Design: Full Ceramic Body
- Cantilever Piezoelectric Ceramic drive unit (earpiece)
- Ultrasonic proximity sensor
- Hi-res audio via DAC
- Fingerprint scanner
- 18K Gold rimmed fingerprint scanner, camera (Mi MIX 18K)
- Display:6.4â³ display with 91.3% screen to body ratio
- RAM: 4/6 GB
- Internal: 128/256 GB
- Card slot: No
- Primary: 16 MP, autofocus, LED flash, 4k (3840 x 2160) video recording
- Secondary: unknown pixel count, 1080p (1920 x 1080) video recording
- Connectivity: NFC, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, dual band, Wi-Fi Direct, Hotspot, Bluetooth V4.2, GPS with AGPS/GLONASS
- Battery: 4,400 mAh Li-ion non-removable with Quick Charge 3.0 and USB type-C slot
- Colours: Unknown
- Price: 4GB/128GB RMB 3,499, 6GB/256GB RMB 3,999
What are your thoughts on this amazing phone? Comment below!